A Math Degree Equals Success
What can you do with a Math Degree?
Mathematics is applicable to nearly every industry today, from science and technology to business, retail, healthcare, and more. A Math Degree adds value to students' job prospects, because they learn to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations and also can analyze and solve complex professional issues.
- Foundation in mathematical skills and logical reasoning
- Develop mathematical understanding, efficiency, and analytical skills
- Computer competency for mathematical problem-solving
Math Students at Marywood:
- Develop attitudes of mind and analytical skills required for the efficient use and understanding of mathematics;
- Learn to abstract from the particular to the general;
- Build mathematical models of real world situations;
- Have competency in the use of computers as a tool in mathematical problem-solving;
- Work independently on problems in mathematics;
- Gain an understanding of the origin and historical development of basic mathematical concepts.
Career Outlook for Mathematics and Computer Science
Between 2012 and 2022, the Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that:
- Information Security Analysts will see a 37% job growth.
- Software Developers will see a 22% job growth.
- Computer Systems Analysts will see a 25% job growth.
- Database Administrators will see a 15% job growth.
- Actuaries will see a 26% job growth.
- Operations Research Analysts will see a 27% job growth.
Outcomes & Opportunities
Student Research hand-of experience that gets noticed »
Top Career Paths
- Financial Analyst
Dig Deeper Into the Program Details
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Official SAT and/or ACT test scores (Marywood is test optional)
- Essay (optional)
The Math Placement Exam is now available
All Marywood students are required to take the Math Placement Exam. You are only exempt if you have:
- already taken and passed one of the prior placement exams
- have already taken all of the math course(s) that are required by your major
- have transferred in a Math course from another institution that was accepted to cover what is required by your major.
Map & Directions
The Center for Natural and Health Sciences contains various science laboratories, computer labs, the 100-seat Comerford Theatre, and various classrooms. Classrooms for our Math and Computer Science, Science, Nursing, and Public Administration programs are in this building.
Learn More | Take a Virtual Tour
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
The purpose of the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation, as stated in the enabling legislation, is to alleviate a critical current and future shortage of highly qualified scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. A more realistic statement of the purpose, in today's terms, is to provide a continuing source of highly qualified individuals to those fields of academic study and research.
Tuition & Fees: