Chamber Singers to Perform in Upstate NY and Ontario
The University’s Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts recently announced the 2017 spring tour schedule for the Marywood Chamber Singers.
- Monday, May 22, 2017, at First Presbyterian Church, 403 Washington Street, Watertown, N.Y., at 7 p.m. Call (315) 782-1750 for additional information.
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017, at Saint Peter’s Lutheran Church, 49 Queen Street North, Kitchener, Ontario, at 7:30 p.m. Call (519) 745-4705 for additional information.
- Thursday, May 25, 2017, at Church of the Redeemer, 162 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario, at 7:30 p.m. Call (416) 922-4948 for additional information.
- Friday, May 26, 2017, at Saint John the Evangelist, 320 Charlton Avenue West, Hamilton, Ontario, at 7 p.m. Call (905) 522-0602 for additional information.
- Sunday, May 28, 2017, at Church of the Redeemer, 162 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario, at 11:15 a.m. Service. Call (416) 922-4948 for additional information.
The music that will be featured on the tour includes: Dufay, Bach, Poulenc, Richard Strauss, Ēriks Ešenvalds, and Josu Elberdin, as well as arrangements by Jonathan Rathbone, Gerre Hancock, and Carol Barnett.
The University’s Chamber Singers, under the direction of Rick Hoffenberg, D.M.A., music, theatre, and dance department co-chair and associate professor of choral conducting, are an ensemble of about 20 Marywood University students. The Chamber Singers have performed throughout the northeastern United States and Canada. The Chamber Singers were one of eight finalists across the United States for the 2012 American Prize in Choral Performance. The group embarks on a tour each May and has recorded two compact discs.
For additional information, please email Dr. Hoffenberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Music, Theatre, and Dance Fall 2022 Events
Marywood University’s Music, Theatre, and Dance department has announced its fall semester concerts and performances.
Marywood Recognized as One of America’s Best Colleges for Student Voting
Student efforts to increase voter registration and voting rates have earned Marywood University national recognition as one of "America’s Best Colleges for Student Voting."
CSD Students at Children's Career Day
Members of Marywood University's Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders attended the Outreach Center for Community Resources Children's Career Day.