2022 Summer Camps
As part of its Summer @ the Wood events, Marywood University will host academic and athletic camps/clinics throughout June, July, and August. Registration deadlines are typically one week prior to the start date of the camp, unless otherwise specified. For more details, including registration information, full camp descriptions, and associated fees, visit marywood.edu/camps.
The 2022 schedule includes the following academic and athletic camps/clinics:
- Boys Lacrosse Summer Youth Clinic, June 4 (register by May 10), 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; for athletes in grades 5-8.
- Girls Volleyball Instructional Camp, June 21-23 (register by June 7), 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; for athletes in grades 9-12.
- Girls Lacrosse Camp, June 20-22 (register by June 10), from 9 a.m.–Noon; for athletes in grades 5-9.
- Boys Basketball Instructional Camp I, June 27–July 1 (register by June 13), 9 a.m.-4 p.m., for athletes in grades 2-10.
- Biotechnology Camp, July 11-15, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.; for high school students enrolled in AP Honors Biology, Chemistry, or Physics.
- Street Photography Camp, July 11-15, 10 a.m.-Noon; for high school students.
- Design Your Future (DYF), July 11-23, two-week overnight program; for rising high school juniors, seniors, and recent high school graduates.
- Summer Music Academy, July 24-30, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; for students in grades 7-12.
- Summer Theatre Academy, July 24-30, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; for students in grades 7-12.
- Healthcare Discovery Camp, July 25-28, 8:30 a.m. registration, camp runs 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; two groups of students, ages 11-14 and ages 15-18.
- Boys Basketball Instructional Camp II, July 25-29 (register by June 13), 9 a.m.-4 p.m., for athletes in grades 2-10.
- Introduction to Encryption: How to Encode Secret Messages, August 1-4, 2021, 9 a.m. – Noon; for high school students.
- Girls Basketball Fundamental Day Camp, August 1-4 (register by July 25), 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., for athletes in grades 2-8.
- Girls Field Hockey Preseason Prep Camp, August 8-11 (register by August 5), 9 a.m. – Noon; for athletes in grades 7-12.
- Softball ID Clinic, August 28 (register by August 14), Noon – 4 p.m.; for athletes in grades 9-12.
EMPOWER: The Campaign for Marywood Kicks Off
The public phase of "EMPOWER: The Campaign for Marywood," a $30 million comprehensive campaign, has begun; $24 million has been raised to date.
Marywood’s Quality and Value Recognized by “Best Colleges”
"U.S. News & World Report’s 2024 Best Colleges" ranking deems Marywood University the Best Value among Northeast PA colleges.
Business Students Win Awards at X-Culture Global Business Plan Competition
Marywood students were members of two of the four winning teams selected by company executives—tying the highest college-winning representation at the conference.