On June 2, 2018, during Alumni Weekend, the Michael and Gwen Calabro Delfino ’47 Amphitheatre was formally dedicated by Sister Mary Persico, IHM, President, and blessed by Monsignor Joseph G. Quinn, friend of the University. This made it possible for outdoor summer concerts and performances to return to campus.
Michael J. Delfino, a longtime supporter of Marywood University and its mission, has made a gift in support of the Michael and Gwen Calabro Delfino ’47 Amphitheatre at Marywood’s new Learning Commons—honoring the legacy of his late wife Guenelda (Gwen) Calabro Delfino, an alumna from the Class of 1947. The Amphitheatre, located on the east side of Marywood’s Learning Commons, will provide a newly expanded, natural tiered lawn and will constitute the ideal open-air setting for academics, staged art, outdoor exhibitions, and recreation. The outdoor space of the Amphitheatre enhances Marywood’s continuing commitment to provide the community with an array of cultural events and educational opportunities.