At Marywood, we offer resources to make life easier as a commuter, from tips on transportation and parking, to knowing where to eat, to finding a place to relax between classes.
Resources for Commuter Students
Commuter Student Lounge
Terrace Level of Madonna Hall
We want you to be safe. Be familiar with Marywood's weather policy (updated Spring 2016):
View Severe Weather Policy
Sign Up for e2Campus
Tips for Safe Driving in the Snow
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Applying the gas slowly is the best way to regain traction and avoid skids.
- Leave 8-10 seconds between your car and the next as your following distance.
- Know your brakes. Apply firm, steady pressure on the brake pedal.
- Don’t stop (if possible)/If you can slow down enough to keep rolling until a traffic light changes, do it.
- Don’t power up hills (or your wheels will just spin). Get a little inertia going before you reach the hill and let it carry you up. At the top, reduce speed and go as slowly as possible.
- Don’t stop midway up a hill.
- Stay home if needed. If it is unsafe to get to class, contact your professors as soon as possible.
Commuter Programming Committee
What is the Commuter Programming Committee?
A group of undergraduate commuters who work together to create services, involvement opportunities, and social gatherings for Marywood's commuter student population.
Join Marywood Activities Council (MAC)!
Join the Commuter Programming Committee, which is part of the Marywood Activities Council, and play an integral role in the creation and implementation of a variety of commuter student initiatives.