Academic Programs of Study
Our computer science program prepares students for careers in information technology and software engineering, fields that are expected to account for nearly 60% of all new jobs between now and 2018. Students in our B.S. in Computer Science program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java.
- Understand the architecture of modern computers.
- Be able to understand and implement common data structures used in computing.
- Be able to develop and analyze algorithms for solving computing problems.
- Develop proficiency in computer networking.
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
- Understand the principles of compilers.
- Develop proficiency in at least one application area such as database management, web application, computer graphics, etc.
More About This Degree
Wen Cheng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Information Security
Machine Learning; Data Mining; Statistic Modeling; Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Pattern Recognition; Imaging Processing and Analysis; Big Data
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Monday and Wednesday 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM and Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM, or by appointment. Please email Dr. Cheng to make an appointment.
Dhanapati Adhikari, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:20 AM - 10:00 AM, or by appointment. Please email Dr. Adhikari to make an appointment.
Craig M. Johnson, Ph.D.
Professor of Mathematics
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Monday, Wednesday and Friday 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM, or by appointment. Please email Dr. Johnson to make an appointment.
Students who graduate with a degree in computer science find success in careers in software architecture and development, database administration, web development, network and computer systems, and more.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation