Our computer science program prepares students for careers in information technology and software engineering, fields that are expected to account for nearly 60% of all new jobs between now and 2018. Students in our B.S. in Computer Science program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java.
- Understand the architecture of modern computers.
- Be able to understand and implement common data structures used in computing.
- Be able to develop and analyze algorithms for solving computing problems.
- Develop proficiency in computer networking.
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
- Understand the principles of compilers.
- Develop proficiency in at least one application area such as database management, web application, computer graphics, etc.
More About This Degree
Wen Cheng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Information Security
Machine Learning; Data Mining; Statistic Modeling; Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Pattern Recognition; Imaging Processing and Analysis; Big Data
Fall 2017 (August 28, 2017 to December 11, 2017) - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. or by appointment. Please email Dr. Cheng to make an appointment.
Dhanapati Adhikari, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Fall 2017 (August 28, 2017 to December 11, 2017) - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:20 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. or by appointment. Please email Dr. Adhikari to make an appointment.
Craig M. Johnson, Ph.D.
Professor of Mathematics
Fall 2017 (August 28, 2017 to December 11, 2017) - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. or by appointment. Please email Dr. Johnson to make an appointment.
Students who graduate with a degree in computer science find success in careers in software architecture and development, database administration, web development, network and computer systems, and more.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation