Programs of Study
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that computer science occupations will account for nearly 60% of job growth between now and 2018. Our information security program prepares students for one of the fastest growing segments of that field: cyber security. Students in our B.S. in Information Security program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java;
- Develop the skills to implement a security policy for protecting IT infrastructure and business data;
- Understand the legal and ethical issues surrounding cybersecurity;
- Understand the architecture of modern computers;Be able to understand common data structures used in computing;
- Be able to analyze computer algorithms;
- Develop proficiency in computer networking;
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
More About This Degree
Wen Cheng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Information Security
Machine Learning; Data Mining; Statistic Modeling; Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Pattern Recognition; Imaging Processing and Analysis; Big Data
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Please email Dr. Cheng to make an appointment.
Dhanapati Adhikari, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Please email Dr. Adhikari to make an appointment.
Craig M. Johnson, Ph.D.
Professor of Mathematics
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Please email Dr. Johnson to make an appointment.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation