Academic Programs of Study
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that computer science occupations will account for nearly 60% of job growth between now and 2018. Our information security program prepares students for one of the fastest growing segments of that field: cyber security. Students in our B.S. in Information Security program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java;
- Develop the skills to implement a security policy for protecting IT infrastructure and business data;
- Understand the legal and ethical issues surrounding cybersecurity;
- Understand the architecture of modern computers;Be able to understand common data structures used in computing;
- Be able to analyze computer algorithms;
- Develop proficiency in computer networking;
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
More About This Degree
Craig M. Johnson, Ph.D.
Professor of Mathematics
Topology; Connections of Mathematics to Music
Spring 2019 (January 16, 2019 to May 6, 2019), Monday, Wednesday and Friday 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., or by appointment. Please email Dr. Johnson to make an appointment.
Dhanapati Adhikari, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics, Assistant Chairperson of the Science, Mathematics & Computer Science department
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Spring 2019 (January 16, 2019 to May 6, 2019), Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:20 a.m. - 10:00 a.m., or by appointment. Please email Dr. Adhikari to make an appointment.
Wen Cheng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Information Security
Machine Learning; Data Mining; Statistic Modeling; Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Pattern Recognition; Imaging Processing and Analysis; Big Data
Spring 2019 (January 16, 2019 to May 6, 2019), Monday 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and Wednesday 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., or by appointment. Please email Dr. Cheng to make an appointment.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation