Academic Programs of Study
Athletic Training (Five-year Masters Program)
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Athletic Training
The Marywood University Athletic Training Program has chosen to voluntarily withdraw its accreditation, effective June 1, 2022. The university is no longer accepting students into the 5-year BSMS Exercise Science & Athletic Training program or the 2-year Master of Science in Athletic Training Program.
- Five-year BS/MS program
- Prepare for the Board of Certification (BOC) exam
- Classroom, clinical, and professional educational experiences
Accelerate Your Career Path with a Five-Year Degree in Athletic Training (BS/MSAT)The BS/MS program is designed for incoming freshmen who are interested in an accelerated path towards the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) degree.
Our athletic training program is designed to prepare students to sit for the national Board of Certification (BOC) exam for athletic trainers. It provides the fundamental knowledge and skills of athletic training and sports medicine through classroom instruction, clinical experiences, and practical situations.
More About This Degree
- Learn more about this program or visit the Athletic Training and Exercise Science website.
- College of Health and Human Services
This program is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
The Center for Athletics and Wellness is designed to provide recreational opportunities for students and clinical space for burgeoning health research programs:
- Sports arena
- 5,000 square foot fitness center
- Facilities dedicated to wellness therapy, athletic training, and recreation
- Human physiology lab with equipment for research, teaching, and evaluation of athletes, as well as the general public
Our athletic training program provides students with the didactic and clinical knowledge necessary to pass the Board of Certification (BOC) exam.
Specific Program Requirements
Student Third-Year Admission Requirements:
- Acceptance into Marywood University as a freshman.
A notificationof intent to enter into the MSAT must be completed during the fall semester of the student’s third year in the BS/MS program.
- Marywood University graduate admissions application submitted no later than March 15th of the student’s third year.
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in all pre-requisite coursework listed here:
- BIOL 121 & 121L - Anatomy & Physiology I and Lab
- BIOL 122 & 122L - Anatomy & Physiology II and Lab
- CHEM 121 & 121L - Principles of Chemistry and Lab
- BIOL 110 & 110L -Principles of Biology and Lab
- PHYS 303 & 303L - General Physics and Lab
- ATES 225 & 225L - Physiology of Exercise and Lab
- ATES 221- Kinesiology
- ATES 236 -Research Methods in Athletic Training & Exercise Science
- ATES 324 - Motor Learning
- ATES 360 -Exercise Testing & Prescription and Lab
- ND 112 - Nutrition I
- ND 213 - Nutrition II
- MATH 155 - Statistics for the Behavioral & Social Sciences
- PSYCH 211 - General Psychology
- Overall QPA of 3.00 or better
- Personal Statement
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 1 must be from a college or university faculty member
- 1 must be from a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Basic Life Support CPR & AED certification
- 100 hours of clinical observation with a Certified Athletic Trainer
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation