The Writing Center is open for virtual tutoring sessions!
The Writing Center is staffed by peer tutors who are here to support your writing needs.
Peer tutors are students themselves and understand the challenges and demands of academic writing.
You have 2 options for working with a peer tutor:
Option 1: Click here to use the drop-in.
Option 2: Click here to make an appointment with a peer tutor.
Tutors at the Writing Center can help you with various aspects of writing, including:
- Understanding the demands of a writing assignment
- Brainstorming topic ideas
- Formulating or clarifying a thesis
- Clarifying ideas and wording
- Organizing paragraphs
- Developing ideas
- Integrating and citing sources
- Learning to revise and proofread your own paper
Students who require more intensive support can make an appointment with the Cheryl Kashuba, the Writing Support Specialist:
- At least one week in advance of your assignment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, explain what type of writing support you need.
- The Writing Support Specialist will get back to you as soon as she is available.
- Keep in mind that the Writing Support Specialist is available on the following days and times: Monday-Thursday from 11am to 4pm.