Overall Organization Goals
- Create more efficient avenues for communication between students, faculty, and the university.
- Continue to invite University officials to Student Government Association General Assembly Meetings.
- Assist the Student Activities Crew in the annual Marywood Madness event.
- Advertise to the student body what SGA is as well as what SGA stands for and to more clearly define our role in the University.
- Implement New Club/Organization funding regulations.
Goals Accomplished in the fall 2016 semester:
- Creation of a Student Alumni Association
- #MUPacerPride hashtag for current and prospective student use (events, swag, t-shirt giveaways, etc. to promote this)
- Professionalism Series: Free professional head shots for students, faculty and staff and a Career Services workshop
- SGA meetings all live tweeted at @Marywood_SGA
- Renovations for campus: convertible picnic table benches, couch for the Performing Arts building, re-sanding of the volleyball court, new basketball hoop, Game Room renovations (in progress)
- Better integrate and transition new transfer students and deferred freshmen (newly revamped "Transitions" Orientation in January 2017)
- Increased collaboration with organizations and departments (i.e. free Car Wash, funding available for RAs, Pep Rally with Athletics, SGA Fan Zones, Spookywood residence hall games & trick-or-treating, University 100 "Get Involved" presentations)
- Updates to the SGA website and bulletin board
- Group Fitness instructor survey to assess student needs; hiring of new instructors in progress
- SGA service work: Thanksgiving Adopt-a-Family
Goals for the Spring 2017 semester will be chosen during training at the start of the Spring 2017 semester.
Want us to work on something you feel is important? Let us know!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org