Academic Programs of Study
Students in this program will:
- Develop attitudes of mind and analytical skills required for the efficient use and understanding of mathematics;
- Be able to abstract from the particular to the general;
- Be able to build mathematical models of real world situations;
- Have competency in the use of computers as a tool in mathematical problem-solving;
- Be able to work independently on problems in mathematics;
- Have an understanding of the origin and historical development of basic mathematical concepts.
More About This Degree
Craig M. Johnson, Ph.D.
Professor of Mathematics
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Monday, Wednesday and Friday 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM, or by appointment. Please email Dr. Johnson to make an appointment.
Dhanapati Adhikari, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:20 AM - 10:00 AM, or by appointment. Please email Dr. Adhikari to make an appointment.
Wen Cheng, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science & Information Security
Machine Learning; Data Mining; Statistic Modeling; Bioinformatics and Computational Biology; Pattern Recognition; Imaging Processing and Analysis; Big Data
Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 to December 10, 2018) Monday and Wednesday 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM and Tuesday 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM, or by appointment. Please email Dr. Cheng to make an appointment.
The analytical skills and the habit of independent rational thinking developed in our department at Marywood can serve you well in any number of possible careers - from business to research to teaching. Currently, a shortage of mathematicians exists both in industry and in the teaching profession at every level. Therefore, the job market is extremely good. Our graduates either continue their studies in graduate school or find an interesting and challenging job in their major within weeks of their graduation.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation