Academic Programs of Study
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in hospitality management are expected to grow 12% through the year 2016. Hospitality management is a career path that involves many different disciplines, including marketing, finance, revenue management, food service, management and customer service.
The Hospitality Management Program prepares students to perform managerial-level jobs in enterprises and institutions of the service sector that have lodging and/or food service components. The service sector includes lodging, food service, tourism, recreation industries, and institutions such as hospitals and schools.
Practical experiences are supplied by courses and internships.
64 credits in Business and in Nutrition and Dietics are required in the Hospitality Management Program. In addition to classroom learning, you will also have opportunities to pursue a number of high-profile internships, including Walt Disney World Company, Lake Buena Vista, FL; The Opryland Hotel and Convention Center, Nashville, TN; The Resort Center of Hilton Head, SC; and local hotels, restaurants, and resorts in the Pocono area.
More About This Degree
- Learn more about this program or visit the School of Business and Global Innovation website.
- College of Professional Studies
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
- This program is accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
School of Business and Global Innovation Programs granting the B.B.A. Degrees at the Undergraduate Level and the M.B.A. and M.S. in Management Information System Degrees at the Graduate Level are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Charles J. Lipinski, M.B.A., D.B.A.
With the service industry expanding worldwide, there is a tremendous need for people with a four-year degree in Hospitality Management. As a student within the Hospitality Management Program at Marywood, you will be presented with tremendous career opportunities locally, nationally, and even globally. The internship connections forged by this program provide you with the competitive advantage needed to succeed within this growing field.
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in hospitality management are expected to grow 12% through the year 2016.
- According to data from the National Restaurant Association, the number of foodservice management positions is projected to increase 8% from 2010 TO 2020.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 3% increase in hotel and lodging managers, and a 13% increase in casino hotel managers from 2008 to 2018.
- Nearly 2 million additional jobs are expected in restaurants and foodservice by 2016.
- The lodging industry employs 1.8 million hotel property workers.
- Hospitality managers' salaries range from $40,000 - $150,000 depending on experience, education and the kind of hospitality property.
I am so happy that I have my dream job with my dream company.
I am so grateful that I am able to do what I love and that I have my dream job right out of college with my dream company. None of this would have been possible without all the experience and classes that Marywood had to offer. The small class settings allowed me to learn everything I needed in order to succeed at what I do now. I am forever thankful to Marywood and will always know that they are a huge reason why I am where I am today.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation