Academic Programs of Study
- Advanced study of design strategies, history, theories, and technologies of Adaptive Reuse
- Exposure to experimental pedagogies and techniques
- Two levels of open studios, Digital Fabrication Lab, and more
- Two-year program
Our graduate program in Interior Architecture prepares students for the profession by engaging them in an array of specialized courses ranging from design, aesthetics, history and advanced digital media, to lighting, detailing and sustainability.
Each student pursues a comprehensive, two-semester Thesis Project that concentrates on new and appropriate uses for existing buildings in our region. Ultimately, the purpose of the Thesis is to investigate new design ideas that can lead to the revitalization of both our downtowns and our neighborhoods.
More About This Degree
- Learn more about this program or visit the School of Architecture website.
- College of Professional Studies
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- This program is accredited by the
National Association of Schools of Art and Design
Marywood University is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Assistant Professor, Interior Architecture/Design
Director, Undergraduate Interior Architecture Studies
- Two levels of open studios
- Wood and metal shops
- Digital Fabrication Lab
- Plaster-casting room
- Printers and plotters
- CAD Lab
- Reference Library
Specific Program Requirements
Applicants for graduate study in Interior Architecture must meet the general requirements for admission to the University.
In addition, applicants must submit and/or satisfy the following:
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Submit official, sealed transcripts of all your academic work. When requesting transcripts, please ask the sending institution to indicate your current name and former/maiden name.
- Send two letters of reference from persons familiar with your educational background. Downloadable reference forms are available on the applying page of the Admissions website.
- Submit a 350-word minimum essay addressing your career goals and how they align with the interior architecture program.
- External candidates must submit a portfolio of design projects, with narrative descriptions, no later than one month prior to the start of classes.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation
Find Your Counselor
Jason ThielGraduate Admissions Counselor
Phone: 570-348-6211 ext 2591
About me: I joined the Marywood Admissions team in the summer of 2013. I was born and raised in Scranton, PA and earned my BA in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Management from Marywood University. I have over 8 years of admissions experience and love helping students and families find the right educational fit.
My interests: I enjoy spending time with my children, whether it's basketball and softball games for my daughter, or baseball and basketball with my son. I also enjoy, coaching youth sports, traveling, Phillies baseball, Syracuse basketball, and Dolphins football. You may also find me watching reruns of Animal Planets TV show, Finding Bigfoot!
My favorite thing about Marywood: The feel!! I love walking around campus and talking to students and meeting with staff & faculty. It’s a beautiful campus spread out over 115 acres but still has that small hometown feel to it.
My favorite place at Marywood: There isn’t a place I don’t like. If I had to pick it would have to be the Rotunda. It is beautiful and I went from studying in it as a student to now walking through it on my way to my office in the admissions department.
You’d never guess: I have trained for and completed 5 Marine Corp Marathons and my goal is 20. Why I torture myself I do not know.
Best advice: Do your homework. Find a school you love and a major that you are excited about. Do truly what you love because you will work for 40-50 years of your life and LIVE YOUR PASSION.