Why Nursing at Marywood?
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of diverse populations on a daily basis
The Marywood University Department of Nursing provides both academic and clinical coursework to prepare students to provide health care services in a variety of settings. Graduates of the undergraduate program will have unlimited opportunities in the hospital, school and nursing home settings. Other areas of practice include pharmaceuticals, research, consulting, management, and administration. B.S.N. graduates may choose to continue their education in pursuit of a career as a nurse practitioner, nurse anesthetist, or educator.
- There is a four-year program plan for undergraduate students.
- The program prepares students to assist clients in health care settings to identify and alleviate health problems.
- Nursing students have access to nine new state of the art laboratories that simulate real-world clinical scenarios.
- Small class sizes promote close faculty/student relationships and provide optimal learning advantages.
- Nursing students are active participants in the National Student Nurses' Association and the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Society, which facilitates leadership and in their professional field.