Residency Information

Residence Life

Residency Requirement

All unmarried, full-time students are required to reside in University housing during their first two years of enrollment unless they are at least 21 years of age, and/or living with their parent or guardians in their primary family homes, within a 50-mile radius of the University's campus.

Housing and Dining Agreement Termination

The Housing and Dining Agreement is binding for the full 2018-2019 academic year consisting of both fall and spring semesters, or the remaining balance thereof. Housing and Residence Life will review applications for termination of the agreement, which are based on the following criteria and cancellation fees may apply.

Housing and Residence Life may grant Agreement termination to a student when one of the following conditions is verified for the student:

  1. termination or withdrawal of University enrollment;

  2. participation in student teaching, internship, or similar academic endeavor that requires off-campus housing; 

  3. required removal from University housing; 

  4. extraordinary financial hardship which must be documented with the University's Director of Financial Aid or designee; or,

  5. residence with parents/guardians in their family homes that are within a 50-mile radius of Marywood University.


Students should not presume that the termination request will be granted until formal notification of the decision is received from the Director of Housing and Residence Life or designee. Note: Commitment to a lease for housing off-campus while this Housing and Dining Agreement is in effect does not constitute a financial hardship and is not grounds for a release. Failure to check-in or move-in to University housing will not release these Agreement obligations for enrolled Marywood University students. The University reserves the right to cancel this Agreement if a student is enrolled as a part-time student.

Students who are approved to move out of University Housing on or before the last date to add classes each semester will be assessed a $300 fee for room charges and a prorated portion of the board charges. Students who are approved to move out of University housing after the last date to add classes each semester will receive a refund for a prorated portion of the board charges only.

Application for Release from the Housing and Dining Agreement

Students may also visit the Office of Housing and Residence Life, located in the Liberal Arts Center, Room 227, to pick up an application form. Students will need to complete the form, submit any additional necessary information, and return the form to Housing and Residence Life for consideration.