Join Our Team
Interested in becoming a Residence Director?
The Residence Director (RD) position is a 12 month (July 1 – June 30) live-in role within the Housing and Residence Life Office. Supervised by the Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life, the RD is responsible for the overall administration of a residence hall community of approximately 100-250+ students. The RD: selects, supervises, evaluates and trains Resident Assistants; fosters an environment which enhances student intellectual, social, spiritual and personal development; provides educational opportunities and academic support for students through programming, conduct and advisement; serves as a conduct hearing officer in adjudicating policy violations; serves on the University’s on-call rotation; expected to respond to emergency situations as needed; serves as a resource person and as the primary institutional representative responsible for residence hall administration according to University philosophy and policy. Additionally, the RD collaborates with the Maintenance, Housekeeping and Security staff; participates in departmental and University-wide committees; and, fulfills other duties as assigned. Specific collateral assignments that this position will take on (in collaboration with other Housing and Residence Life staff members) include RA Training, RA Selection, RA Recognition and work within the Housing and Residence Life Main Office in assessment efforts including designing and administering assessment tools, compiling research and benchmarking data, analyzing data and reporting common trends. The position is annually renewable based on evaluation of work performance and academic achievement. The Residence Directors are appointed by the Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life after consultation with the Director of Housing and Residence Life and the Dean of Students.
Residence Director's must be enrolled full-time as a Marywood graduate student. Prior residence life experience preferred. For additional information regarding the position, please email Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com.
The Residence Director positions have been filled for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Interested in becoming a Resident Assistant?
The Resident Assistant (RA) position focuses on enhancing the quality of life in the residence halls, including fostering community, providing academic support, and being attentive to safety and security of residents. The position requires an individual who is flexible enough to assume a variety of roles as dictated by the changing needs of students. It is crucial that an individual be able to relate well to others and handle administrative responsibilities. The RA is more than just a friendly presence; she/he is the crucial link in creating an environment in which students develop independence and learn to live cooperatively with others.
Description of RA Applicant Qualifications:
- Attainted a cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Acquired at least 30 earned and/or projected credits at date of application
- Currently be in good disciplinary standing with the University
- One (1) semester of on-campus residency preferred
- Be able to attend mandatory RA training sessions. Typically occurs approximately one week before the start of the Fall semester and two days prior to the start of the Spring semester
- Have the ability to hold the RA position as a priority, second only to academics
- Not hold the position as Student Government President during the RA appointment, unless prior approval is given
If you are interested in further information on the 2021-2022 RA Information Session, please check out the Powerpoint Presentation from our virtual information sessions: 2021-2022 RA Selection Powerpoint Presentation. We will be hosting one more virtual information session on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 7:00 PM. Further instructions for accessing the third info session will be sent out to students prior to the event.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Resident Assistant positions are now available online!
To apply for a 2021-2022 RA position, each applicant must do the following by 11:59 PM on Friday, January 29, 2021:
- Complete an online 2021-2022 Resident Assistant Application
- Submit a CV or Resume (space to upload is located within the application)
- Have two references complete the electronic RA Reference Form
- Sign up for a 20-minute individual interview (link for interview sign-up is located within the application)- interviews will be taking place Wednesday, February 3, 2021 through Friday, February 12, 2021
- Attend the mandatory Group Process interview on Saturday, March 6, 2021 (more information regarding Group Process will be sent out to applicants at a later date)