Academic Programs of Study

Communication Sciences and Disorders


« See All Degrees

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Communication Sciences and Disorders at Marywood

Pursue a Fulfilling Health Career with a Communication Sciences and Disorders Degree

At Marywood, we are focused on preparing you for a career as a speech-language pathologist.


Certification in this field requires a Master’s degree, so our program prepares you to become a certified practitioner by earning both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in five years. A Bachelor’s degree-only option is available for those pursuing careers in audiology that do not require certification. An option to pursue teacher certification is also offered.

Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), the program provides a challenging academic curriculum to prepare students, from a family-centered perspective, for professional careers serving children and adults with communication disorders.

The active, hands-on program offers extensive clinical practicum experiences, as students work with patients in our on-campus clinic, in outside professional settings, and through numerous community outreach efforts.

More About This Degree

This is just a sample of our Communication Sciences and Disorders faculty - see them all!

The program is housed in the William G. McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies. This attractive physical plant contains specialized space for classrooms, laboratories, and offices. The Center also houses the Marywood Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic. The clinic allows students to work with individuals with speech, language, and hearing needs as part of their educational preparation. The clinic is equipped with video monitoring equipment and a complete audiological evaluation facility.

Marywood's program provides students with academic course work and clinical experiences that prepare them to pursue a graduate degree in speech-language pathology. Our objectives are compatible with standards of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). To be certified by this national accreditation body, one must complete a master's degree, a clinical fellowship, and pass a national examination. This certification allows the recipient to seek employment in any setting where speech-language pathologists or audiologists are found (clinics, hospitals, schools, private practice, etc.).

Undergraduate Admissions Requirements

  • Official SAT and/or ACT scores
  • Completed application
  • Essay
  • Official transcripts
  • Letter of recommendation

Find Your Counselor