Marywood University aims to provide challenging and values-based instructional programs for students in a diverse academic environment.
A new academic program is established according to the following general guideline:
1. Discussion of a potential academic program at the department level.
2. Presentation of the Curriculum Proposal to the Undergraduate and/or Graduate Curriculum Committee.
3. Presenation of the Curriculum Proposal including a pro forma business plan, with the following signatures, to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs:
Department Chair and/or Program Director
Curriculum Committee Chair
Dean of the appropriate College
4. Presentation by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to the Academic Council and/or the President of the University.
5. Presentation by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees.
6. Presenation by the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees to the entire Board for formal action.