- About CSD
- Mission, Objectives & Strategic Plan
- Academic Programs
- Admission Requirements
- Program Completion Requirements
- Department Newsletters
- Faculty and Staff
- Speech and Hearing Club
- Student Involvement
- Credentials for Graduates
- Student Outcome Data
- Employment after Graduation
- Student Research
CSD Second Year Grad
To the first year Grad students and all the undergrads; everything we did in the clinic, all the excess paperwork, report writing, preparing for clients and time management will pay off in a huge way.
Instructional I Teacher Certification
CSD students interested in pursuing Teacher Certification will need to prepare to earn that additional certification, as Teacher Certification from the PA Department of Education (DOE) is a separate certification from the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence:
- Students pursuing the additional Teacher Certification may need additional semesters to complete those requirements.
- Students seeking Teacher Certification must meet with the CSD Graduate Program Director in conjunction with the Education Department Chairperson to complete a plan of study for this additional track.
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 is required to add on the Teacher Certification portion of the degree.
Conceptual Framework for the Preparation of Other Professional School Personnel (Advanced Programs)
Advanced programs challenge faculty and candidates to be leaders in the educational community, integrate knowledge and action, be thoughtful consumers and producers of scholarship and research, be proactive instruments of change and innovative reflective practitioners committed to the development of student potential. They are expected to communicate effectively with all constituents in response to ambiguity and diversity in a technological, global community.
To prepare candidates in advanced certification programs to realize the vision presented in the conceptual framework, we seek to develop the following competencies:
- Develop skills to be a leader.
- Integrate knowledge and action.
- Produce scholarship and research.
- Be reflective practitioners.
- Communicate effectively.