Estimate your financial aid options.
Applying for Admission: Transfer Students
Deadline Notice for Fall 2015 Speech-Language Pathology Applicants:
A completed application for admission and all supporting documents must be submitted by December 23, 2014 for first-time students and by March 1, 2015 for transfer students.
Complete the Application
Sign in and complete Marywood’s online application, or you may choose to complete the Common Application. The $35 application fee is waived when you submit the Marywood online application or Common Application. If you wish to complete a paper version, please download and print.
Request official copies of your high school and college transcripts (from all previous colleges attended) be sent to University Admissions. If applicable, please forward an official score report from the General Education Development (GED) test.
Submit an essay of at least 250 words.
Essay topics may include:
- A background or story about yourself that is so central to your identity that you believe your application would be incomplete without it.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you and what lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
You may use our recommendation form. Please complete and print. Or you can provide one letter of recommendation from a school-based counselor or academic teacher. We also welcome additional letters from teachers, friends, or family members who are familiar with your academic achievements and interests.
You also may need to meet additional department-specific requirements. Contact the academic department or University Admissions for details.
All documents submitted in connection with the application become the property of the University.
You should apply for transfer to Marywood no later than three weeks before classes begin for fall, spring, or summer sessions. Exception: Communication Sciences and Disorders applicants must apply for transfer by March 1 for fall semester entry.
You may receive credit for courses successfully completed at another accredited college with a minimum of "C" grade or better. Technical or career-oriented courses normally do not satisfy requirements for baccalaureate degree programs at Marywood. Generally, courses completed more than twenty years prior to enrollment may not be applied to a baccalaureate degree at Marywood. Courses accepted for transfer become part of your official academic record. However, grades are not transferred and are not included in the calculation of your grade point average at Marywood.
Earning a Marywood Degree
You must earn a minimum of 60 credits at Marywood University; ordinarily at least one-half of the credits required for a major must also be earned at Marywood.