Foster Inclusive Learning Environments for All Students by Earning Special Education PK-12 Certification
Do you have an interest in working with children with special needs? Would you like to better understand these students?
Special Education is a high-demand area of education that uses specialized instructional methods, materials, learning aids, and equipment to meet the educational needs of students with special needs.
Our program is designed specifically for certified educators who would like to obtain a second certification in Special Education in PK-12. This certificate program is offered online (with just a school-based internship) to accommodate this specialized training within your daily schedule.
If you do not currently hold teacher certification, you can become certified to teach Special Education as part of a dual-certification program. Check out Marywood University’s Master of Arts in Teaching Degree programs for Early Childhood Pk-4 or Secondary/K-12.
- Flexible, online program
- Second certification opportunity for certified educators
- Dual-degree program opportunity for those not yet certified to teach (MAT degree + Special Education Certification)
Outcomes & Opportunities
Top Career Paths
- Special Education Supervisor
- Special Education Teacher
- Learning/Development Coordinator
- Elementary School Teacher
Dig Deeper Into the Program Details
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Submit an essay discussing your career objectives and why you want to pursue a career in education.
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation
Map & Directions
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies, located on the corner of University and North Washington Avenues, contains classrooms and related clinical/professional space for Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology and Counseling, Education, and Business students. Market Marywood is also located here.
Learn More | Take a Virtual Tour
Map & Directions
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies, located on the corner of University and North Washington Avenues, contains classrooms and related clinical/professional space for Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology and Counseling, Education, and Business students.