Encountering Faith in a Diverse World with a Religious Studies Degree
Knowing about religion is an essential part of living responsibly in today’s diverse and interconnected world. That’s why Marywood University requires all undergraduates to take a minimum of two courses in Religious Studies.
But you don’t have to stop there!
At Marywood, you have the opportunity to take a wide variety of courses in Religious Studies and to choose from a flexible array of major and minor options that are tailored to fit your interests:
- In line with Marywood’s Catholic roots and IHM sponsorship, our Religious Studies program gives you the opportunity to deepen your understanding of the history and relevance of Christian theology. Courses in this area include “Christian Spirituality,” “Political and Liberation Theology,” and “Catholic Social Teaching.”
- You also have the chance to enter into dialogue with persons of diverse faiths and worldviews by engaging in the comparative study of world religions. Courses in this area include “Women and Religion,” “Introduction to Eastern Religions,” and “Peacemaking in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.”
- Finally, if you are interested in putting your faith into action, you can collaborate with the wonderful staff in Campus Ministry and take advantage of Marywood’s many service opportunities.
If any of this sounds exciting to you, consider pursuing a degree in Religious Studies today!
Outcomes & Opportunities
Top Career Paths
- Campus Minister
- Religious Studies Professor
Dig Deeper Into the Program Details
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Official SAT and/or ACT test scores (Marywood is test optional)
- Essay (optional)
Map & Directions
The Liberal Arts Center contains classrooms utilized by several programs, as well as the Office of Admissions and a variety of other administrative offices. It is also home to the iconic Rotunda and the NativityMiguel School of Scranton.
Learn More | Take a Virtual Tour