2022 Mathematics & Computer Science
High School Math Contest
SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2022
The 2022 Marywood High School Math Contest sponsored by the Math and Computer Science Club, iMACS, will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 10 to 11 a.m. in the Liberal Arts Center.
There are two versions of the exam for our annual contest:
- The Level I test is designed for 9th and 10th grade students
- The Level II test is more appropriate for 11th and 12th grade students
2022 REGISTRATION — CLOSED
- You can download the registration form linked below and complete it, then mail it to us by April 19, 2022;
- Or, you can email the registration information (list of students and their grade level to email@example.com).
- Send the registration fee of $5 per student by mail with your registration form, or you can bring the check(s) (made payable to the SEMI-Group) to the contest on Saturday, April 23, 2022.
- Note: If you do not register by April 19, 2022, students may still attend the contest by registering onsite at $6 per person. Advance registration makes it easier for us to prepare and saves you money. Please complete and send the registration form as soon as you can.
TIME AND LOCATION
- The test starts at 10:00 am and registration begin at 9:15 am. Students should arrive by 9:30 am to allow time for registration/room assignment.
- This annual event is held in the Liberal Arts Center (LAC) on the Marywood University Campus.
- Email or call the Math program at 570-348-6265 with any questions or if you need any other assistance.
- The test ends at 11:00 am, and students may leave right after. The results will be announced the following week on this website and also by email to the teachers.
- Face masks are required in all indoor locations regardless of vaccination status.
ABOUT THE TEST
- The test consists of 40 problems of gradually increasing difficulty.
- No problems involve Calculus.
- Calculators are not allowed.
- A language dictionary may be used in special circumstances.
Prizes are awarded to the top three scores in each level. In case of ties, the corresponding prizes will be evenly split with a minimum $10 per student.
1ST PLACE - $100
2ND PLACE - $50
3RD PLACE - $25
The 1ST place winner in the Level II contest also receives a $2,000 annual scholarship if s/he enrolls at Marywood University within two years of the contest date. The 2ND place winner in the Level II contest receives a $1,000 annual scholarship, subject to the same conditions as the 1ST place winner. Scholarships are renewable for up to four years if the student makes satisfactory academic progress.
Students with the top 10 scores on the Level II exam are eligible to be members of this year’s Northeast Pennsylvania ARML (American Regions Mathematics League) team.
2022 High School Math Contest Winners
The results will be announced the following week on this website and also by email to the teachers.
Thanks to all the students, teachers, and parents who have participated over the years. Your continued support will always be appreciated.
Congratulations to all the students. Please remember that this is not a regular math test, but a contest, designed to be very challenging (and hopefully fun as well).
Each of the top 3 scorers in each level will receive the cash prize as well as an award certificate. The other top 10 scorers in each level will receive an award certificate.
Mu Alpha Theta and the Integrated Math and Science Club (IMACS, is a student club at Marywood) sponsored our contest again this year. Mu Alpha Theta is the National High School and Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society. We would like to thank Mu Alpha Theta for their continued support.
2020 High School Match Contest Winners
Unfortunately, we could not hold the contest in 2020 due to the pandemic.
2019 High School Match Contest Winners
2018 High School Match Contest Winners