Perfectly Imperfect Week begins Monday, February 22
Perfectly Imperfect Week begins Monday, 2/22/21. The Counseling/Student Development Center and POW! (Peers on Wellness) are excited to announce our annual week-long body image programming. This important week of programming occurs during National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, a week devoted to education and prevention of eating disorders. All week, information will be shared and activities that promote body acceptance and self-confidence among people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities will be sponsored. (All virtual links will be sent on Monday, 2/22/21; check your email for more activities and details.)
Featured activities will include:
- Mirrorless Monday (2/22/21): Join the C/SDC and POW in Mirrorless Monday to help each other remember that we are so much more than our appearances. Bathroom mirrors across campus will be covered with paper, providing space to write positive affirmations to one another. For example, “You are enough.”
- Body Image and the Media (2/23/21, 7-9 p.m.): The C/SDC and POW will be hosting a virtual presentation discussing the ways in which popular media has influenced our perceptions about bodies, health, and beauty. Examples may include TV shows, movies, social media, and magazines.
- Wellness Wednesday (2/24/21, 7-9 p.m.): This event will focus on education and discussion with the goal of having a conversation about body image, diet culture, intuitive eating, Health at Every Size and challenging our perceptions. The discussion will be held virtually via Zoom at 7-9 PM.
- Empowerment Zumba:(2/25/21, 7 p.m.): Join us for an empowering virtual Zumba session. Come celebrate all that your body can do! Zumba is designed for everybody and every body! Each Zumba® class is designed to bring people together to sweat and dance. Following the workout, feel free to chat with members of POW and the C/SDC.
- Fearless Friday (2/26/21):Join us in this social media event to embrace our natural beauty. Post pictures to Instagram and Facebook without editing or applying filters. Tag @marywooduniversity_csdc and use the hashtag #filterfreefriday. In addition to sharing your picture, you are also welcome to post about your experience being “filter free” and/or your experience writing a “dear body” letter. Dear Body letters provide an opportunity to thank our bodies for helping us breathe, walk, and smile.
EMPOWER: The Campaign for Marywood Kicks Off
The public phase of "EMPOWER: The Campaign for Marywood," a $30 million comprehensive campaign, has begun; $24 million has been raised to date.
Marywood’s Quality and Value Recognized by “Best Colleges”
"U.S. News & World Report’s 2024 Best Colleges" ranking deems Marywood University the Best Value among Northeast PA colleges.
Business Students Win Awards at X-Culture Global Business Plan Competition
Marywood students were members of two of the four winning teams selected by company executives—tying the highest college-winning representation at the conference.