Getting a Certificate to Teach Math Adds Up!
Are you a problem-solver? Do you like crunching numbers? Would you like to share these skills with others?
If so, Marywood's Mathematics Certification program is for you! Get certified to teach math through a program designed to provide you with a strong foundation in mathematical skills, problem-solving, and logical reasoning.
Certification courses offer mathematical maturity, curriculum development, lesson planning, assessment, and classroom management. Practice in this field enhances the awareness of multiculturalism and diversity in the classroom through hands-on experience.
Students who successfully complete the requirements will be recommended for the Secondary Mathematics Instructional I teaching certificate.
- Teacher certification requires completion of an approved program and qualifying scores on state tests.
- On the undergraduate level, students must earn their bachelor's degree in their specialty area and in education.
- On the graduate level, students can pursue the certification only or the certification and the MAT degree.
Outcomes & Opportunities
Top Career Paths
- Education Consultant
- Elementary School Teacher
- Preschool Teacher
- Middle School Teacher
Dig Deeper Into the Program Details
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Submit an essay discussing your career objectives and why you want to pursue a career in education.
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation
Map & Directions
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies, located on the corner of University and North Washington Avenues, contains classrooms and related clinical/professional space for Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology and Counseling, Education, and Business students. Market Marywood is also located here.
Learn More | Take a Virtual Tour