Prepare for a Managerial Position with an MBA in Management Information Systems
Learn to influence the way companies think about Information Systems by earning an MBA in Management Information Systems at Marywood University. A specialized master’s degree designed to impart to students the technical expertise and business savvy by preparing Information Systems majors for management, high-level work and potential leadership in management information systems and related fields. Marywood’s MBA program provides students with maximum flexibility in the design of the students information systems degree.
Projected to grow 10 percent in the next decade, much faster than the average for all occupations, a degree in Management Information Systems prepares graduates to:
- Strategically use, control, and implement information systems
- Manage storage, transmission, and analysis of information
- Prepare for a managerial position
- MBA core requirements enable the student to select MIS concentration area
- Advanced work within the MIS Concentration
- 36 credits of business courses
Outcomes & Opportunities
$500 in funding per academic year available for conferences and professional development »
Top Career Paths
- Data Scientist
- Information Security Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Information Technology (IT) Manager
Dig Deeper Into the Program Details
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Submit an essay discussing your career objectives and why you want to pursue a career in business (350-word minimum).
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional StudiesIn the McGowan Center for Professional Studies, you'll find specialized computerized programs, including CAI (computer-assisted instruction) and interactive video capability. General word processing and statistical software is available in the lab as well.
Map & Directions
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies, located on the corner of University and North Washington Avenues, contains classrooms and related clinical/professional space for Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology and Counseling, Education, and Business students. Market Marywood is also located here.
Learn More | Take a Virtual Tour
Map & Directions
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies, located on the corner of University and North Washington Avenues, contains classrooms and related clinical/professional space for Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology and Counseling, Education, and Business students.