Elevate Your Style with a Master's Degree in Interior Architecture
Our 60-credit graduate program in Interior Architecture prepares students for the profession by engaging them in an array of specialized courses ranging from design, aesthetics, history and advanced digital media, to lighting, detailing and sustainability.
Each student pursues a comprehensive, two-semester Thesis Project that concentrates on new and appropriate uses for existing buildings in our region. Ultimately, the purpose of the Thesis is to investigate new design ideas that can lead to the revitalization of both our downtowns and our neighborhoods.
- Advanced study of design strategies, history, theories, and technologies of Adaptive Reuse
- Exposure to experimental pedagogies and techniques
- Two levels of open studios, Digital Fabrication Lab, and more
- Two-year program
Outcomes & Opportunities
1st school to host a weekly one-hour interview segment on the first live broadcast network on social media, Design Talk LIVE »
Top Career Paths
- Interior Designer
- Interior Decorator
- Set Designer
- Exhibit Designer
Dig Deeper Into the Program Details
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Submit an essay discussing your career objectives and why you want to pursue a career in interior architecture.
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
Map & Directions
The School of Architecture is housed in this spacious adaptation of Marywood's former gymnasium. The building features a variety of green components, including a vegetative roof and an innovative heating and cooling system that utilizes geothermal energy from abandoned mine shafts beneath campus.
Learn More | Take a Virtual Tour
Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's scholarship programs are designed to encourage and support outstanding students who work hard, demonstrate a strong will to succeed, and have financial need. Our scholarships provide financial assistance and academic support to high school, undergraduate, and graduate students.