Work @ Marywood

Things to Know About Student Employment

  • Filing the FAFSA by our preferred filing deadline does not necessarily guarantee a work study job nor does a work study award on your financial aid award letter.  We do our best to place all interested students but work study funds are limited so job placement is done on a first-come, first-served basis.  Submit the Student Employment Interest form early!
  • Students may earn up to the total amount of their work study award.  However, total earnings depend on the hours worked, which may not total the work study award amount.
  • Marywood students typically work 10 hours or less per week. Because campus employers are aware that the course of study is rigorous, and academics are a student's first priority, work hours are typically flexible.
  • Check your Financial Aid award on your student portal to make sure you are eligible for a Federal Work Study job.
NOTE Returning Marywood students are encouraged to complete the Student Employment Interest Form as soon as jobs are posted online.

How to Get Started

All of the placements for Federal Work Study jobs are done out of Human Resources. Normal business hours are M-F, 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. HR is located in the Liberal Arts Center (LAC), office #86 on the terrace floor. The phone number is 570-348-6220 and the fax is 570-961-4740.  

Human Resources will post the available positions, with job descriptions, required skills, and contact information under Student Employment Opportunities.

Steps to Make It Happen

  1. You need to complete the Student Employment Interest Form and return it to Human Resources.  You can indicate up to three posted jobs for which you would like to be interviewed.
  2. You need to print the form, complete with your job preferences and submit to HR. The form can faxed to 570-961-4740 or scanned and emailed to
  3. Human Resources will confirm your eligibility for Work Study and notify you.
  4. Once you have been cleared to work by HR, you are responsible for contacting the departments and scheduling an interview.   Interviews may take place over the summer, and may be done in person, or remotely, at the department’s discretion. 
  5. Department(s) will notify you and Human Resources if you have been selected for a position.  That position will be held for you until fall semester.
  6. You must come to Human Resources to complete required paperwork.  You may do this once you are notified that you have been hired, or when you arrive for the fall semester.
  7. You cannot begin work until all required paperwork is completed and submitted to Human Resources.
  8. The required paperwork that you will need to complete includes Federal Form I-9 for identification and Form W-4 for federal tax purposes. You are required to bring your original ID’s with you in order to sign up for Work Study. Please see Human Resources for a list of acceptable documents. You will need to know your Social Security Number, and if you would like direct deposit to the bank of your choice you will need to provide a voided check or a bank card with your account and routing number. 

Federal Work Study Students are paid bi-weekly. You will be responsible for tracking your hours and obtaining your supervisor’s signature on the student electronic timesheet. You will also find a Student Employment Information Sheet that you should review. It contains important information including due dates for submission of completed bi-weekly electronic timesheets and pay dates.