The School of Business and Global Innovation's undergraduate and graduate programs promote academic excellence and scholarship through applied, experiential learning that emphasizes entrepreneurial solutions to business problems and that fosters strong leadership qualities of integrity, accountability, and a disciplined work ethic in service to others. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), Marywood's undergraduate business program prepares students for careers in a variety of fields, including financial services, marketing, aviation, information systems, human resources, and government. Marywood's MBA program teaches students not only how to become a successful business leader, but how to do so in a way that is ethically, socially, and environmentally responsible. The MS-MIS program provides maximum flexibility, blending information systems and management principles.
School of Business and Global Innovation
Featured Pacer Profile“I had an indescribable feeling of fitting in when I stepped onto Marywood University’s campus as a prospective student.”
Middles States Commission on Higher Education
The School of Business & Global Innovation Programs granting the B.B.A. Degrees at the Undergraduate Level and the M.B.A. and M.S. in Management Information System Degrees at the Graduate Level are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Address: 7007 College Boulevard, Suite 420, Overland Park, KS 66211. | Phone: (913) 339-9356
About The School of Business and Global Innovation Department
The School of Business & Global Innovation at Marywood University is committed to improving the world by enabling students to acquire and develop their leadership competencies to meet the dynamic challenges of a knowledge-based global society and by nurturing values conducive to ethical and socially responsible behavior.
The program seeks to enable students to:
- Gain an understanding of the key business concepts, while learning to think critically and creatively in the interrelationship between these concepts and the overall aspects of life
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of business and how it relates to society
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively read, write, and speak and to demonstrate technological literacy
- Demonstrate professional competence and leadership skills that will be used in meeting the human and business needs of today and are directed toward the well-being of future generations.
School of Business and Global Innovation Faculty
Phi Beta Lambda
Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) is the post-secondary version of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) at the high school level. PBL is a nonprofit education association with a quarter million students preparing for careers in business and business-related fields. The philanthropic cause of Marywood's chapter of the Phi Beta Lambda National Organization is Habitat For Humanity, and students have the opportunity to participate in state competitions and community events.
The Pacer Investment Fund
The Pacer Investment Fund is an innovative answer to the ongoing challenge of translating academic learning into real-world success. The fund enables students enrolled in the Finance Program at Marywood to take on the stock market, not only in theory but in reality.
The Fund affords students the ability to gain exposure to the structure and operation of the financial service industry while providing them with a competitive advantage over other graduating finance majors.Accounting & Finance Club
Business Opportunities for Leadership Development (BOLD)
Delta Mu Delta Honor Society, Iota Lambda Chapter
Sigma Phi Omega Honor Society
- The Office of Student Success assists students with tutoring, writing, assistive technology, and disability services.
- The Counseling/Student Development Center assists students with time management, study skills, counseling, and therapy to help students identify, clarify, and resolve critical issues.
- The Learning Commons offers a vast array of learning resources including ebooks and journal databases. The librarians have created a detailed research guide for business students to assist with their search strategies. MBA students may also utilize the online interlibrary loan system to request articles and book chapters that are not available in the library's databases. The material is emailed directly to the students in 2-3 business days.
AASTMT–Marywood Dual Programs
The Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT) and Marywood University formed a partnership that serves as a channel to promote graduate education. This partnership focuses on cutting-edge majors in the digital economy field, guided by the teaching system of competence-oriented integration.
The Zijing-Marywood MBA program is a one-of-a-kind program in the market. This MBA program is delivered in Chinese (Mandarin) and is offered in partnership with Zijing Education, Tsinghua Holdings Zijing (Beijing) Education Group. The program is designed to provide professional preparation for careers in middle and upper level management.