Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025
- Table of Contents
- Board of Trustees
- Presidential Area
- Academic Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Student Life
- University Advancement
- Administrative Services
GOAL 1:Create a Culture Focused on Addressing Critical Real-World Systemic Problems through Interdisciplinary, Interprofessional, and Intergenerational Initiatives.
- Expand interdisciplinary, interprofessional, and intergenerational experiences that allow our students and alumni to live our mission.
- Offer and assess integrative curricula that develop students’ literacies and cognitive skills to collaboratively address real world issues to empower them to flourish in the interdependent world and workplace.
- Create an academic culture infused with high-impact practices (active, experiential learning) and characterized by programs delivered using transparent and inclusive pedagogies by expanding such practices in an intentional and systematic way.
- Increase participation in training initiatives for innovative pedagogies and various modalities.
- Expand Professional Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
- Expand academic program opportunities and workforce development for non-traditional learners and degree-completion students.
GOAL 2: Support Students from Day One.
- Increase engagement with alumni, student life services, and student success services.
- Strengthen equity and inclusion within our welcoming and supportive community.
- Strengthen current and develop new effective advising strategies and processes.
- Enhance student-centered partnerships to improve the student experience, both residential and commuter.
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively improve financial literacy and minimize student debt.
GOAL 3: Create a Strong and Sustainable Technological and Physical Infrastructure.
- Actively support and seek opportunities for environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Assess, improve, and update training and equipment to meet current and future demand.
- Improve and enhance our physical spaces.
GOAL 4: Continue To Provide Excellent Constituent Services Along With Consistent And Transparent Institutional Communications.
- Continue to provide an exemplary constituent service experience for all stakeholders.
- Research, adopt, and implement effective modes of communication for internal and external audiences.
- Evaluate and improve intra-campus information sharing and collaboration.
GOAL 5: Strategically Allocate Resources to Achieve Long Term Institutional Growth.
- Invest in and implement targeted tactics for recruiting new markets/populations attracted to Marywood Programs.
- Recruit and retain the best talent who further advance the Marywood mission.
- Provide professional development opportunities for all employees.
- Inspire additional financial support from private donors and government entities.
- Continue to allocate appropriate funding for capital priorities.
- Evaluate, redesign, and renovate learning spaces that promote academic excellence, collaboration, and campus beautification.
- Support innovative and forward-looking facility growth to ensure a vibrant campus that attracts and retains students, faculty, and staff.
GOAL 6: Develop Intergenerational Education by Mutually Engaging the Five Satellite Entities Located on Campus: African Sisters Education Collaborative, The Fricchione Early Learning Center, Marywood Heights, NativityMiguel School of Scranton, and The Office of Military and Veteran Services.
- Initiate opportunities for the Marywood community of faculty, staff, and students to learn about and participate in the work of ASEC in the ten sub-Saharan countries served by this collaborative and cosponsored program.
- Realize the impact of the conversion of the Fricchione Day Care Center to an early learning center for preschool children by emphasizing the educational aspect of childcare and integrating the programs offered by the early childhood education and service programs of the University.
- Develop the concept of a University Based Retirement Community between Marywood University and Marywood Heights to the extent that both entities realize their interdependence and their role in the development of its success among other such university communities.
- Collaborate with the NativityMiguel School of Scranton in order to strengthen and support their mission while providing Marywood University students opportunities to offer service and to develop professional and interpersonal skills by tutoring, making presentations, partnering in civic projects and initiatives, and as aides and student teachers.
- Provide resources to bolster and strengthen the Office of Military and Veteran Services in order to retain the status of this program, to attract new students, and to assimilate them into the life of the University.