Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes
Map & Directions
The Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes at the IHM Center offers seating for 350 people and some flexibility with seating for smaller groups.
Visitors are greeted at the Chapel entrance by a bronze sculpture of Mother Theresa Maxis, who co-founded the IHM Congregation in 1845 with Rev. Louis Florent Gillet, a Redemptorist priest. Titled Theresa at Home, the striking, life-sized sculpture was created in January 2002 by Sister Cor Immaculatum Heffernan, IHM. Visitors often place their own hand into Theresa's outstretched hand, a visual representation of the IHM Congregation's spirit of hospitality and joyful, loving service.
The reverent space within the Chapel is framed by stained glass windows created in 1961 by Baut Studios, Inc. of Forty Fort, PA, and designed by John F. Love of Baut Studios, with painting by Eugene R. Baut, and color selection by S.H. Baut. All glasses are mouth-blown antique glasses from various glass plants. All glass paint was fired at about 1230° fahrenheit. Subjects of the screens and symbols are of the Blessed Virgin Mary.