Consistent with the mission of Marywood University, the Ph.D. program in Strategic Leadership and Administrative Studies (SLAS) has as its primary goal the mastery of the administrative and leadership skills necessary for professionals working in business, education, health care, and social services. This mission aspires to engender professionals who pursue their leadership careers with a commitment to expertise, ethics, and empathy in an interconnected world.
Marywood's Ph.D. Program in Strategic Leadership and Administrative Studies (SLAS) helps students to:
- Develop an understanding of administrative & leadership roles that reflect the complexity of today's business, education, health care, and social services organizations.
- Examine ethical issues related to administrative and leadership.
- Engage in interdisciplinary scientific inquiry to address the complex problems of today's organizations.
- Develop in‐depth knowledge of administrative and leadership roles.
- Demonstrate competence as a leader and a desire to provoke social change.
- Students will be able to select research topics and craft problem statements to write publishable-quality research papers based on answering related research questions, empirical data presentations and analysis and integrated review of the current literature, along with sound policy/ programing recommendations communicable to diverse audiences. This includes successfully writing sole-authored Qualifying Papers that examine emerging issues in administration and leadership and passing blind reviews by a panel of 3 faculty.
- Students will be able to evaluate programs using virtual learning models occurring in public, non-profit, and private organizations.
- Students will be able to discern distinctive characteristics in leadership and administrative studies through an in-depth engagement in evident-based research.
- Students will be able recognizing changes and innovation in organizational settings through the lens of dynamic ethical leadership, diversity, equity, and applied administrative theories.
- Students will be able to complete a workshop/seminar in dissertation writing to help them write and successfully defend their dissertations.
- Students will be able to submit their researches to peer-review journals for publication.