Classroom Aide 2020-2 SUMMER 2021
Department: Fricchione Early Learning Center
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our team for the summer! The teacher assistant supports the teachers and the director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education for children ranging in age from 8 weeks-5 years old. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. S/he will assist the staff in implementing a quality educational program. Teacher assistant is responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the teacher and the director. This is a seasonal position from June 1, 2021 – August 20, 2021.
Description of Duties
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Ensure a healthy and organized classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children in accordance with the Center’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensure smooth, daily transition from home to child care center.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 1 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification preferred, but not required.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels, sit, kneel, bend, squat, crawl, lift up to 50 lbs.