Athletics & Recreation
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (#384)
Summary of Duties
Applications are invited for the part-time Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach position at Marywood University. The primary responsibilities include: assisting the head coach with recruiting, scheduling and related administrative duties involved with the men’s basketball program.
Marywood is an independent, comprehensive, Catholic university with more than 3500 students. Located in a residential area of Scranton, PA with easy access to the Pocono Mountains, the University features a new ‘state-of-the-art’ athletics and wellness facility and is within a two-hour drive of New York City and Philadelphia. Affordable housing in attractive communities with good schools is readily available. The University enrolls approximately 1900 students in more than fifty-five undergraduate programs and approximately 1,300 graduate students in 33 masters degree, as well as terminal degree programs, including a Psy. D., Ed. S., M.F.A. and an inter-disciplinary Ph.D. with five specializations.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, and 2-3 years of experience as a men’s basketball coach, preferably at the Division III college/university level
- General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics as well as NCAA policies and compliance issues
- A strong interpersonal, planning and organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Competency with technology resources and a current driver’s license are vital to fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.
Review of applications will begin immediately. A completed application, a resume, and the names and complete addresses of three current professional references should be submitted.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Men's Basketball Coach online