Assistant Coordinator of Sports Communications, Marketing/Promotions and Game Management (#985)
Summary of Duties
Applications are invited for the NCAA Ethnic Minorities and Women’s Internship part time 2 year position as the Assistant Coordinator of Sports Communications, Marketing/Promotions, & Game Management at Marywood University. This will be a 10 month position. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: assist in the management of our social media and digital platforms, assist in the production of livestreaming athletic contests, develop a marketing campaign targeting students, faculty & staff to increase spectator attendance, & coordinate game management and site supervision.
Marywood is an independent, comprehensive, Catholic University with more than 3,100 students. Located in a residential area of Scranton, PA with easy access to the Pocono Mountains, the University features a new ‘state-of-the-art’ athletics and wellness facility and is within a two-hour drive of New York City and Philadelphia. Affordable housing in attractive communities with good schools is readily available. The University enrolls approximately 1900 students in more than fifty-five undergraduate programs and approximately 1,300 graduate students in 33 master’s degree, as well as terminal degree programs, including a Psy. D.,S.,M.F.A and an inter-disciplinary Ph.D. with five specializations.
The successful applicant will have: a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree preferred.
Desire to have a career in intercollegiate athletics; General knowledge of NCAA rules, regulations & policies; strong interpersonal, planning and organizational abilities; and, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Represent the Athletics and Recreation Department in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Attendance at all Athletic and Recreation Department staff meetings throughout twelve months.
- Assist in the management of our social media and digital platforms
- Attend professional development mentor events using NCAA professional development funds
- Assist in the Production of Livestreaming Athletic Contests.
- Promote athletic contests through a marketing campaign to Marywood University students, faculty & staff.
- Act as site supervisor as assigned for home athletic contest & coordinate game staff.
- Assist in budget development & fiscal oversite of sports communication & marketing and promotions
- Assist in the coordination of fulfillment of a corporate partnership program.
- Develop an appropriate and working knowledge of involved NCAA, AEC, and Marywood athletic policies.
- Know and implement relevant NCAA and AEC policies/regulations..
- Be knowledgeable about the NCAA Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA).
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation and Assistant Director of Athletics.
- Understand, agree to and sign annually the Athletics and Recreation Department’s and AEC’s “Code of Conduct/Sportsmanship” policy. Act consistently in a manner reflective of its intent.
Review of applications will begin immediately for the 2021-22 academic year. Priority will be given to those applications received by June 1, 2021. A letter of application, a resume and the names and complete addresses of three current professional references should be submitted. For additional information, go to: www.marywood.edu/athletics or www.marywoodpacers.com
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Coordinator of Sports Communications, Marketing/Promotions and Game Management online