Housing and Residence Life
Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Housing and Residence Life (#451)
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Housing and Residence Life is to lead and manage the housing services and residence life program through administration of operations, supervision of staff and development of a vibrant and engaging living-learning community. The Assistant Dean coordinates strategic planning, policy formulation and management of all services and programs, motivates the staff as a positive role model and serves in a supportive role with activities to fulfill the mission and goals of the Enrollment Management and Student Success division and of the University. Additionally, the Assistant Dean will assist the Dean of Students with the oversight and implementation of the University's student conduct process as well as compliance-related tasks.
Marywood University is a comprehensive Catholic university founded in 1915 and sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Scranton, PA. The co-educational University, with over 2,500 students, sits on a 115-acre campus in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Marywood integrates an enduring liberal arts tradition and professional disciplines to create a comprehensive learning experience through its undergraduate and graduate programs.
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Development, College Student Personnel, or related field.
Work Experience Requirements
A minimum of four years of full-time housing and residence life administrative experience, preferably with one or more year at the Assistant Director level or higher.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, planning and organizational abilities. Competence with technology resources, particularly Colleague and Maxient, is strongly preferred. Marywood University is most interested in an energetic self-starter who understands and appreciates the University’s Catholic mission and values.
- Participate in secondary "on-call" system for evening and weekend coverage. Collaborate with other "on-call" staff as needed.
- Implement strategic planning, training, evaluation, and assessment activities to guide development of the department with particular emphasis on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the department and our residential community.
- Prepare department operating budget proposals and administer approved budgets.
- Prepare housing capacity/occupancy projection reports and annual report of accomplishments for review by University stakeholders, including the Board of Trustees.
- Serve on University committees as appointed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to traverse the campus and residence halls as needed. May need to assist with moving of residence hall furniture.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Housing and Residence Life online