Fricchione Early Learning Center & Campus Ministry
Administrative Specialist (#687)
Full Time / 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Monday through Friday
Summary of Duties
Marywood University is seeking an energetic and professional candidate to join our team as an Administrative Specialist, supporting The Fricchione Early Learning Center and Campus Ministry. The Fricchione Early Learning Center is a STAR IV, NAEYC accredited early learning program. This is a full time, year round position.
The candidate is responsible for developing, coordinating and assisting in the day-to-day operational activities of the Fricchione Early Learning Center and Campus Ministry under the direction of the Fricchione Center Director and VP for Mission Services. The candidate must be skilled in communicating with children, adults and peers orally and in writing as this position is the first point of contact for families at the Fricchione Center.
Additionally, for both departments, the candidate will manage and maintain the calendars, schedules, webpages and social media; record meeting minutes; assist with record keeping, reporting, completing forms, and filing; act as a liaison with staff, students, and parents as needed; process room reservations, purchase orders, check requests, work orders, mailings, printing, and similar needs; maintain inventory and purchases departmental supplies; and perform other duties as requested. Experience should be related to the skills necessary to working in a receptionist capacity.
Work Experience Requirements
Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs. Bookkeeping skills are preferred. To effectively assist in the classroom and to provide facility tours, a background in ECE and child development is welcomed.
- High energy
- Highly organized; ability to self-direct tasks
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Fluency in English with the ability to utilize translation software, if necessary
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment
- An understanding of appropriate child development
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification
- Maintain 24 hours of professional development within 1 year of hire to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
Fricchione Early Learning Center
- Assist the Director with all aspects of operating the child care and early learning center
- Assist the Director in maintaining center enrollment, including accompanying visitors on facility tours
- Maintain frequent communications with families and potential clients through discussion, phone and email
- Calculate and collect monthly tuition utilizing childcare center management software; complete deposits
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met
- Ensure there is a healthy classroom environment, including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children in addition to the Center’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
- Assist in the classroom when needed to adhere to governing regulations
- Prepare announcements, flyers, and worship aids
- Assist with work study requests, training, and supervision
- Organize and coordinate Campus Ministry activities with the assistance of a work study student
- Assist staff and student leaders with details of Campus Ministry programs, community service, and service-learning experiences
- Research and contact local, national, and international organizations
- Process van reservations and vehicle rentals
- Track payments and donations and prepare deposits
Requirements include the ability to use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels, sit, kneel, bend, squat, crawl, lift up to 50 lbs.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Administrative Specialist online