Marywood University announces its summer athletics camps and clinics. Those interested can, “Pick Your Passion this Summer,” from more than ten camps and clinics featuring an array of sports activities. Our camps will follow CDC and PA Department of Health Guidelines. Additional guidelines pertaining to individual camps will be sent after registration. To register, please visit marywood.edu/camps/index.html.
- Stroke Technique Clinic will take place on Friday, May 21, for ages 7-12, from 3:30 – 5 p.m.; ages 13-18, from 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, May 22, 23, for ages 7-12, at 10:30 a.m., and 11 a.m.-1 p.m., for ages 13-18, at the Aquatics Center, in the Center for Athletics and Wellness.
- Girls Lacrosse Camp will take place from Monday, June 21 – Thursday, June 24, from 9 a.m. – noon, on the Synthetic Turf Field. This camp is for athletes in grades 5-9. The cost of the camp is $100, and registration can be made by June 10. This camp will focus on lacrosse skills with lots of fun activities woven in.
- Boys Basketball Instructional Camps will be held the week of Monday, June 28 – Friday, July 2, and from Monday, July 26 – Friday, July 30, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., each week, at the Center for Athletics and Wellness. The instructional camp is for ages 7-15, and the cost $190 per week. Early bird cost is $160 until June 7 for both camps. Campers will be divided into groups based on age and ability. Each day, campers will go through a dynamic stretch, ball handling workout, six stations, and one game set each morning, and more.
- Volleyball Summer Camp will take place from Tuesday, July 6 – Thursday, July 8, from 9 am. – 4 p.m., each day, at the Center for Athletics and Wellness. This camp is offered to girls in grades 9 – 12. Each camper will receive a t-shirt and lunch will be provided. The cost is $150.
- Esports Virtual Coed Summer Camp will take place from Monday, July 12 – Thursday, July 15, from 12-4 p.m., each day. This camp is for high school aged students in grades 9-12. The cost of the camp is $159, but campers can register by June 14 for the early bird cost of $129. This four-day virtual camp will give attendees the opportunity to learn about esports in a variety of capacities. At the end of the camp week, matches will be broadcast for parents to watch live or following as recordings.
- Family Basketball Camp will take place from on Saturday, July 24, from 5-9 p.m., and Sunday, July 25, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., at the Center for Athletics and Wellness. The minimum age for campers is 5, and the cost of the camp is $120, with an early bird option of $100 for those who register by June 26. The skill work for this camp is designed to give both parents and children useful drills and techniques to take home and continue working on together.
- Girls Basketball Day Camp will take place from Monday, August 2 – Wednesday, August 4, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., each day. This day camp is open to grades 3-8, and the cost is $150, with an early bird option of $125 if registered by July 5. Players will be divided based on age and skill, and the camp will be composed of individual competitions as well as team competition, stations, guest speakers, and fun.
- Girls Basketball Elite Camp will take place from Monday, August 2 – Wednesday, August 4, from 6 – 9 p.m., each day, at the Center for Athletics and Wellness. This camp is recommended for high school athletes in grades 9-12, and the cost is $100, with an early bird option of $85 if registered by July 5. Players will be placed on teams where they will compete against other players in a competitive setting. Attendees will work on the skills needed to succeed in high school and college basketball.
- Men’s Lacrosse Camp and ID Clinic will take place from Wednesday, August 4 – Saturday, August 7, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., each day, on the Synthetic Turf Field. The camp and ID clinic is suggested to athletes in grades 7-12, and cost $150, with an early bird option of $100 if registered by July 5. Players will be divided by age and will work on basic skills as well as advanced concepts unique to college play. Saturday will be used as a prospect day, and players will have the option to sign up for this day only.
- Girls Field Hockey Jr. High/High School Preseason Prep Camp will take place from Monday, August 9 – Thursday, August 12, from 9 a.m. – noon, each day, on the Synthetic Turf Field. This camp is suggested for athletes in grades 7-12, and costs $150. Athletes will be divided into junior high and high school groups to keep skill and ages appropriate. The day camp will consist of team warm up, preseason fitness, skill instruction, small sided games, and scrimmaging.
- Pre-Season Prep Swim Clinic will take place from Monday, August 16 – Friday, August 20, from 3:30 – 5 p.m., each day for ages 7-12; and 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., each day for ages 13-18, at the Aquatics Center, in the Center for Athletics and Wellness. The cost for one session is $55, two sessions is $100, three sessions is $160; and four sessions is $175 per week.
- Softball Summer Prospect Clinic will take place on Sunday, August 29, from noon 12 – 4 p.m., on the Softball Field. This clinic is for athletes in grades 9-12, and the cost is $75, with an early bird option of $65 with registration by August 1. This one-day clinic will offer instruction and help athletes’ skills in offense, defense, pitching, base running, and more. Athletes will be instructed by Marywood’s coaching staff and team, and a tour of campus will also be provided.
For additional information about Marywood University’s “Pick Your Passion” Athletic Camps and Clinics, please visit www.marywood.edu/camps/index.html.