Requirements & Guidelines
A foundation year portfolio review is required of all foundation year students. Each year it is scheduled in the month of April and will be held in the 2nd floor lounge, Insalaco Center for Studio Arts (SAC). Signup sheets will be at the main office on the first floor of the SAC.
You are required to register for ART 322: Foundations Portfolio Review (0 credits) during the Fall semester for Spring classes. This review is a mandatory requirement and must be successfully completed to satisfy first year requirements.
Bring the following items to your review:
- Portfolio: Bring 2-3 examples from every studio course you have taken (or are currently taking) during your foundation year (see list below for reference). Be prepared to explain the purpose of each project and how you did or did not meet objectives. You should have a total list of works, the class in which you did them, and the purpose of the assignment or project.
- A typed list of works of portfolio content with project name and class
- Your Visual Journal
- Your Activities Form
- Pre-approved foundation year exhibit entries
The purpose of this review is to provide students with feedback regarding their progress, area of emphasis, and future direction as Art Majors at Marywood University. It is intended to foster positive support and development.
Foundation Year Portfolio Review will cover work created in all foundation year courses:
- ART 101 FoundationYearSeminar 1.0cr.
- ART 110 Basic Drawing 3.0cr.
- ART 118 2-Dimensional Design and Color 3.0cr.
- ART 113 Art History I 3.0cr.
- ART 233 Painting I 3.0cr.
- ART 212 3-Dimensional Design 3.0cr.
- ART 114 Art History II 3.0cr.
- ART 241 Digital Design 3.0cr.
- ART 322 Freshman Portfolio Review 0cr. *
* Note: Some of these won't have any artwork components like the portfolio review itself and the art history courses.
For further information about the Foundation Portfolio Review, students are advised to speak with their art faculty advisor or contact Prof. Sue Jenkins, Foundations Area Coordinator, at email@example.com.