I’m Shannon. During my time in college, I realized my ultimate passion was inspiring others through visual and digital art. I earned a B.A. in Communication Arts & Humanities with a minor in Digital Media from Keystone College. Shortly after graduating, I landed a dream job here at Marywood as Web Development’s Web Design Specialist & Graphic Designer in 2016... and it’s awesome! I help guide web content editors in the visual direction they wish to go with their sites, shoot video and photos, and make the website and the contents within exhibit a pleasing and modern aesthetic.
Altogether, Marywood is such a welcoming and warm environment. I’m always looking for new challenges to grow myself professionally and personally and working at Marywood has given me just that. I enjoy collaborating and working with constructive, positive, and energetic people. So if you have an idea, project, or just want to take a moment to shoot the breeze, contact me at email@example.com.
My experience in media/web/digital design dates back early on in my life. I have always been fascinated by digital art and how it can be utilized to effectively communicate messages. My favorite type of medium to express myself through is film. I have produced several short films during my time in college and never plan on stopping. I really love writing and producing instructional video tutorials as well. View them on my Youtube channel. I am a freelance Media Producer, so If you have a project, let me know! Previously, I worked for Keystone College as a Media Services Student Assistant which prepared me incredibly well to step into the tech and media industries. I plan on earning my MBA from Marywood to solidify my skills, take on more leadership roles, and teach college courses.
- I’m a huge movie buff (especially horror films...shocker) so chat with me about new releases and the classics.
- My last name is pronounced: Ged-vills
- You can catch me in the office listening to Indie/Pop & Rock Alternative tunes
- My hobby is filmmaking (like you couldn’t tell).
- I play the drums, guitar, and piano. Music is my zen.
- I read a lot about inspirational figures such as Alan Watts, Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Gautama Buddha, and Deepak Chopra.
- I’m a fan of The Three Stooges, The Walking Dead, Stranger Things and 80's cult classics.
- I like to browse funny Internet memes during the day. I think it’s important to laugh throughout the day to feel refreshed and ready to work again.
- Audacity: A free and open source audio recording software.
- Blender: An open source 3D modeling software.
- PicMonkey: Edit photos online easily.
- CC Search: Find Creative Commons photos, video, and music.
- Icecream Screen Recorder: Free screen capture software.
- WhatFont Extension for Google Chrome: See what fonts web pages are using.
- Nielsen Norman Group: Articles and research on good web design practices.
- Can I Use?: CSS properties supported in different browsers
- Google Sites: Make a free website
- Eye Dropper Extension for Google Chrome: Find what colors a web page uses.
- Grammarly - Extension for Google Chrome: Improve your content writing and catch those small mistakes! It even works within dotCMS using Chrome.
- Google Chrome is chock-full of cool and helpful extensions!