The Marywood University Student Veteran Alliance (SVA) has been named an official chapter of the Student Veterans of America.
Marywood University Student Veteran Alliance strives to provide military, veterans and their families with advocacy and resources necessary to support their successful transition into, and through, Marywood University; with the ultimate goal of employment after graduation.
The SVA has 2 main goals and 6 objectives.
- Increase membership and maintain sustainability.
- Increase club membership by 10% by Spring 2016.
- Establish a veteran alumni network with at least 10 members by the end of spring 2016.
- Maintain at least one-month overlap between incoming and outgoing officers every election.
- Expand outreach to the campus and community.
- Increase attendance for Veterans Day Activities by 50 people by November 11, 2016.
- Increase money raised for Operation: Tails for Troops by 10% by April 2016.
- Add partnership with 2 additional community organizations by spring 2016.