Business Information Technology
Bachelor of Business Arts - BBA
- Award winning faculty
- Programing, business application, system development
- Intership and post graduate placement opportunities
A major in Business Information Technology (BIT) prepares students for the evaluation, programming, design, and development of information systems within the context of a business organization. Along with a rigorous business curriculum, the BIT degree offers a technical foundation in voice and data communication systems that prepare students to effectively leverage information technology to create tangible improvements in business.
The demand for people with Information Technology skills remains at an all-time high. Furthermore, computing-related jobs are no longer isolated components of an organization's structure: IT underpins every function of business – market research, product design, business operations, supply chain management, finance, and strategic planning.
IT jobs require people with strong technical skills that can work and contribute as part of a team able to help organizations achieve their goals. IT jobs are vital to every facet of business and can be fun.
More About This Degree
- This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- College: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Department Website: School of Business & Global Innovation
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Numerous opportunities for internships and placement after graduation exist in our local area, around the country and the world. The Business Department's placement rates are high; students report great job experience and testify their Marywood preparation contributed to their success.
Some of our alumni:
- Antonia Fedakova, Senior Investment Accountant at PFPC Securities, Inc.
- Nardimar Santos, Controller at Glenmaura National Golf Club
- Jack Reager, Owner of a website design company called Blackout Design
- Stacie Palmer, Senior Financial Analyst at Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation