Our computer science program prepares students for careers in information technology and software engineering, fields that are expected to account for nearly 60% of all new jobs between now and 2018. Students in our B.S. in Computer Science program will:
- Develop proficiency in computer programming languages such as C++ and Java.
- Understand the architecture of modern computers.
- Be able to understand and implement common data structures used in computing.
- Be able to develop and analyze algorithms for solving computing problems.
- Develop proficiency in computer networking.
- Understand the principles of computer operating systems.
- Understand the principles of compilers.
- Develop proficiency in at least one application area such as database management, web application, computer graphics, etc.
More About This Degree
Students who graduate with a degree in computer science find success in careers in software architecture and development, database administration, web development, network and computer systems, and more.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation