Biology (Pre-professional tracks available in Pre-Medical, Pre-Dental, and Pre-Veterinary)
Bachelor of Science - BS
- Pre- Medical, Pre-Dental, and Pre-Veterinary studies
- Prepare students for future studies in a variety of areas
- Study living forms and of modern advances
The Biology Program at Marywood University is designed to:
- offer a broad base knowledge of living forms and of modern advances in the biological sciences;
- develop a sense of organization and continuity in nature;
- foster an awareness of the individual's responsibilities to the world and environment and
- prepare the student for professional, educational, high-technology and industrial careers.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Biology pre-professional track is designed for the highly qualified, student who wishes to pursue admission to medical, dental or veterinary studies. The program also offers sufficient flexibility to prepare students for future studies in law, business administration and education, and to enter the ancillary fields of the health professions.
More About This Degree
The $6.4 million Center for Natural and Health Sciences is equipped with four large laboratories, a newly renovated Biotechnology research lab, an environmental wet laboratory, a greenhouse, three computer laboratories, and a multi-media auditorium.
This program is designed to prepare the students for professional, educational and industrial careers. Students are provided with a broad base knowledge of living forms and a sense of the organization and continuity that exists in nature. Students are also provided with a working understanding of the latest advances in biology. The pre-professional programs in Biology are designed for the student who wishes to pursue admission to medical, dental or veterinary studies. The program is structured for highly qualified, science-oriented students who may be planning to enter the various professions of medicine, including that of physician, dentist, osteopath, veterinarian, or researcher. The program also offers sufficient flexibility to prepare students for future studies in law, business administration and education, and to enter the ancillary fields of the healing professions.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation