Our comprehensive program will teach you to think on a multidimensional level. You'll learn strategic planning and tactical execution in marketing, advertising, public relations, special events and sales promotion. You'll be prepared for a career in advertising, public relations, special events and sales promotion.
The department offers a number of opportunities to enhance your education. These include professional internships, independent studies, and membership in professional and student-based organizations, such as the AAF and PRSSA (advertising/public relations), Marywood Players (theatre), Marywood University Dance Ensemble (dance), and the NACB (telecommunications). The department also supports its activities through its own and campus-wide, contemporary teaching facilities.
More About This Degree
- WOOD WORD: Marywood's student newspaper.
- WVMW-FM: On-air stereo radio station licensed by the FCC; studio for interview programs equipped with PC-based music system and a digital delay for talk shows. A student staff manages and operates the station's daily broadcasting schedule with a coverage area that encompasses northeastern Pennsylvania; affiliated with the Intercollegiate Broadcasting System.
- TV MARYWOOD: Digital facilities with full audio and video production capabilities, electronic field, graphics, and post-production facilities. Students have ready access to computer-based audio labs, nonlinear editors, and a comprehensive television control room and studio. Professional audio and lighting kits complement sophisticated digital field production systems. Student management and operational staff direct live and taped programming via regional facilities of Adelphia Cable; programming may also be produced for internal and external clients.
- MARYWOOD THEATRE: 1100-seat, professionally equipped auditorium with sophisticated lighting control system; supports the production of classical, contemporary, musical, and children's theatre.
- BLACK BOX THEATRE: Laboratory theatre with flexible staging; designed for student directed productions and to support experimental theatre.
- MULTIMEDIA THEATRE: Audio-video facility for public presentations involving cinema, slides, audio and video recordings, and computer-based media.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation