Design Your Future: Pre-college Summer Architecture Workshop
July 14-25, 2014
The design your future program at Marywood University is an intensive two-week workshop for high school students interested in architecture or interior architecture. Students are exposed to design processes and their innovative applications in diverse studio projects.
The program will better prepare the student for the creative explorations of architecture school and with campus life at the university level. Students will understand what it takes to be successful in the study of architecture and will be better prepared to meet the demands of an architecture curriculum.
Summer Science Camp for Kids
July 14 - August 8
This summer, we will be hosting 6 different themed science camps through the Education Department. They are hands-on, interactive, and age appropriate for children ages 4-10. Each half-day session includes engaging experiments, fun activities, and thematic edible science snacks!
Sessions for 2014 include:
- Super Systems and Science Sleuths I (week of July 14-18)
- Science Sleuths II and Physics for Fun (week of July 28-Aug. 1)
- Shark Week and Kids' Chemistry Concoctions (week of Aug. 4-8)
For more information or to request a brochure/registration form, please email Dr. Chris Fryer at email@example.com.
Creative Writing Camp
July 28 - August 1
This summer, the English Department will be offering a Creative Writing Camp, "Into the Forest!" for fiction writing. The sessions, for elementary, middle, and high-school students, will run from 9 to noon each day, and will be led by consummate professionals in our field:
- Elementary (entering grades 2 to 4) - Laurie McMillan PhD, Chair of the English Department
- Middle (entering grades 5 to 8) - Craig Czury MFA, adjunct instructor, Albright College and internationally published poet
- High School (entering grades 9 to 12) - Carlie Nicastro MFA, part-time English faculty
Math And Cyber Security Camp
This two-week camp for high school students who are interested in math and cyber security runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and includes a trip to the Museum of Mathematics in New York City.
Sports Camps and Clinics
Marywood's athletics department will hold a variety of camps and clinics in soccer, basketball, swimming, tennis, field hockey, and lacrosse. Camps are open to boys and girls in grades 1-12.