- Academic Honesty
- Accommodating Students with Disabilities
- Alcohol and Controlled Substances Policy
- Anti-Discrimination and Complaint Procedures Policy
- Campus Emergency Notification
- Commencement Walking Policy
- Conditions of Computer Use
- Conduct Policies and Procedures
- Conduct Records of Students
- Deadly Weapons and Fireworks
- Debt Collection
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Educational Training in Responsible Conduct of Research
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy
- Financial Responsibility of Students
- Fund-Raising and Sales Policy
- Fundraising Activities Policy
- Grade Appeals
- Hazing Activities
- Health Insurance Policy
- Identity Theft Policy
- Idling Vehicles
- Institutional Review of Research Involving Human Participants
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Key Policy and Procedures
- Photography / Video for Publicity
- Protection of Children
- Recognition of Student Organizations
- Responsibility for Confidential Student Records
- Safety Procedures
- Severe Weather Policy
- Sexual Misconduct and Complaint Procedures Policy
- Smoke Free
- Statement of Responsibility Re Confidentiality of Student Records
- Student Academic Grievance
- Student Health Records Policy
- Transportation of Students and Employees
- Undergraduate Excused Absences for University Events
- Violent Acts and Threats
- Web Pages
Severe Weather Policy
Although Marywood University is committed to keeping its campus open at all times, inclement weather may result in necessary cancellations. Cancellation announcements will specify classes, offices, and/or special events.
If a decision is made
to delay opening until 10:00 a.m., the published compressed schedule will be in effect;
to delay opening until 11:30 a.m. or later, the regular schedule will be in effect for the remainder of the day.
If a particular class does not follow a standard starting time, the individual instructor should determine the meeting time closest to the standard for that day of the week.
Students should be informed of the compressed schedule meeting time within the course syllabus.
In addition to University closings, regular full-time and part-time employees may take two severe weather days per year. These days may be used during severe weather only, and unused days are not carried over into the next fiscal year.
An employee who wishes to use a severe weather day must notify the supervisor within thirty minutes after the scheduled starting time.
If an employee calls in to use a severe weather, a personal, or a vacation day due to the weather, and the University later closes, the charge is made to the benefit specified in the call up to the time of the closing.
If an employee is on a previously scheduled benefit day, such as a vacation, sick day for a medical appointment, or personal day, and the University closes, the employee is charged with the benefit as it was scheduled.
If the University is closed on a day when the Day Care Center is open, exempt employees at the Day Care Center are entitled to take a paid day off at a later date with the approval of and coordinated with their immediate supervisor(s).
Supervisors of all essential personnel will award up to two additional days per fiscal year to essential employees whose work schedules prevent them from using severe weather days during the year.
Members of the Marywood Community should access the following sources for official announcements:
Marywood University Homepage: www.Marywood.edu
Inclement Weather Hotline: 570-961-4SNO, 570-961-4766
Text Messaging: e2Campus Notification System