Mission and Vision
Mission: The S.T.A.R.S. (Students Together Achieving Remarkable Success) program offers Latinx youth in grades 7th-12th grade the opportunity to explore their long-term academic goals through one-on-one academic assistance and exposure to diversified post-secondary educational paths, trades and careers.
Vision: S.T.A.R.S. seeks to create a middle school to college pipeline for underserved and underrepresented Latinx youth through continuous collaboration with their families, school districts, local universities, community organizations, churches, and Marywood University's diverse offices. The goal is to provide a safe haven to facilitate information, resources, skills, awareness, and empowerment to the youth and their families on how to prepare and succeed on reaching their long-term academic/career goals.
Scholarships For LATINX Youth
- 5 Ideas to Stay Creative offers different art activities inspired by the Ghetty’s at collection.
- 92nd Street Y moved all their classes and children’s activities online, where you can find fun art projects.
- JourneyMaker is a free tool on the Art Institute of Chicago’s website that allows you to make your own art and create a personalized tour of the museum.
- Kinder Art provides access to different challenging art activities
- 50+ Genius STEM Activities for Kids will stimulate your child’s mind. This includes science, technology, math, and engineering project ideas.
- 36 Resources for STEM Project-Based Learning Activities include engineering, technology, and math activities.
- Chegg Learning: See step-by-step how to solve tough problems. And learn with guided video walkthroughs & practice sets for thousands of problems in the following subjects: computer science, economics, physics, statistics, accounting, and chemistry.
- Discover Your World with NOAA: An Activity Book includes activities connecting to topics such as volcanoes, temperature, and rip currents.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory California Institute of Technology Learning Activities includes exercises like how to make a cloud in a bottle, a Jupiter orbiter, pinhole camera, and a rocket. Lessons for grades K-12.
- PhET (Physics Educational Technology) Simulations creates free interactive math and science simulations.
- Science Learning through Engineering Design (SLED) Resources is designed by Purdue University faculty and teachers, who are engineering design-based activities focused on STEM. For grades 3-6.
- Smithsonian Institution Fun Stuff for Kids Online provides activities on topics such as the distribution of freshwater, disaster detection and preparation, geography and migratory birds.
- STEM Activities for Middle and High School Students lists STEM-related activities and experiments for students.
- STEMWORKS provides several STEM activities, with a step-by-step outline, including: building a galaxy, NASA coding, space math, and more!
- USGS Kids, U.S. Geological Survey contains a curated collection of educational resources across the grade levels from Pre-K through college that is focused on all of the earth sciences including geology, ecology, hydrology, atmospheric sciences, and planetary sciences.
- WABISABI Learning has provided 36 Resources for STEM Project-Based Learning Activities to stimulate your mind, including engineering, technology, and math activities.
- Welcome to ASCEville: Just for Fun, American Society of Civil Engineers provides games and challenges while children try civil engineering for themselves.
- 25 Ways to Get Kids Writing by Scholastic provides resources on how to get kids writing. Tips and tricks are broken up by age group.
- 25 Activities for Reading and Writing includes tips and tricks on how to read to your child.
- 3P Learning gives you access to worksheets and activities covering math, spelling, literacy, science, and e-safety.
- ABCya offers fun interactive word and math games for kids of all ages.
- AoPS Alcumus gives you free access to worksheets and activities in pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, and more.
- Articulation Station is a free app that helps people of all ages learn to pronounce their words more clearly.
- BrainPop has videos and exercises for all middle school subjects
- Calico Spanish helps young children learn Spanish.
- Epic is a digital library that gives you access to over 40,000 books for children under 12. There are audiobooks as well as books that can be read on-screen. The first 30 days are free.
- GeoGebra is a free math app that gives you access to tutorials, activities, and other resources. All math subjects are included.
- History for Kids is a free online network of all things history and offers lessons, worksheets, and quizzes.
- iCulture offers students immersion into Spanish, French, and German-speaking cultures and is free until the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Test Your Brain
- Sign up for Khan Academy