Science Minor - Elementary Education Program
Prospective elementary teachers major in education. Those selecting a minor in science are required to complete at least 18 semester credits. The following courses are required:
- Principles of Biology (BIOL 110 and 110 Lab) - 4 credits
- Introduction to Chemistry (CHEM 110) - 3 credits
- Earth Science I (ENVS 261) - 3 credits
- Earth Science II (ENVS 262) - 3 credits
Plus additional credits selected from other Science courses open to non-science majors.
The curriculum requirements discussed in this section are subject to change, based on guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Professional Education Minor Requirements
For Teacher Education Programs in Biology and/or General Science, and for Elementary Education majors who minor in Science
- Field Experience (EDUC 000 or 0004G) - 0 credits
- Introduction to Education (EDUC 100, 101) - .5, .5 credits
- Developmental Psychology (PSY 251) - 3 credits
- Educational Psychology (EDUC 311) - 3 credits
- Orientation to Exceptionalities (S ED 152) - 2 credits
- Effective Instruction to Secondary and K-12 Education (EDUC 411A) - 3 credits
- Social Foundations of Education (EDUC 414) - 3 credits
- Student Teaching (EDUC 442) - 6 credits
Additional critical information is contained in the Education section of the catalog.
The curriculum requirements discussed in this section are subject to change, based on the guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Department of guidelines.