Three of Dr. Garver's honors organic chemistry students have studied the pharmacology of caffeine, the pharmacology of penicillin drugs, and HIV drug treatment options for patients in Kenya—and she sponsored another honors thesis student who studied recent advances in lead toxicity in children's drinking water.
Students who minor in Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science or Science must maintain a minimum QPA of 2.33 in minor courses. All lecture and laboratory courses must be taken concurrently.
A minimum of 18 credits is required. Required courses are:
- Anatomy and Physiology (BIOL 136 and 137) - 6 credits
- General Biology (BIOL 150) - 3 credits
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 210) - 3 credits
- Molecular Microbiology (BIOL 233 and 233 Lab) - 3 credits
- Introduction to Biotechnology (BIOL 281) - 3 credits
The Nutrition and Dietetics student must also take any other Science three credit course offered for non-science majors.